If your air conditioner is broken and you find yourself weighing the pros and cons of suffering through the summer with air conditioning against potential coronavirus exposure, you’re not alone. The need for HVAC service is stressful enough without the added complication of potential ramifications of system service during a global health pandemic. Fortunately, it is possible to get AC work done safely during the pandemic, even with a service technician inside your home.
Tips for COVID-Safe HVAC Service
- Only work with companies with a pandemic safety plan in place to ensure your safety.
- If you’ve been sick in the last 14 days, the Department of Health (DOH) recommends rescheduling your appointment. We are happy to assist you with a later appointment to stop the potential spread of COVID 19.
- If you’re healthy and need air conditioning service or repair, the DOH recommends maintaining the typical 6-foot social distancing recommendations.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands, and wash your hands well with warm soap and water at least 20 seconds before/after touching any potentially contaminated surfaces.
We’ve Instituted a Number of Safety Measures to Ensure Pandemic Protection
To keep our customers and employees safe we’ve instituted a number of new procedures, including:
- Monitoring our team members’ health daily, taking regular temperature checks, and practicing social distancing.
- Contacting our customers prior to performing heating and air conditioning service to ensure everyone in the household has not been sick within the last 14 days.
- Scheduling appointments only in households where members have been symptom-free for two weeks after exposure or signs of illness.
- Wearing masks, safety glasses, and new shoe covers and gloves in each house.
- Routinely utilizing hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes on mobile devices used in the field.
- Specialized chemicals used for the disinfection of items such as tools, gauges, repair parts, within our service and parts trucks.
- Continual monitoring of the pandemic and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health (DOH) to ensure adherence to the latest guidelines.
We Excel at “No Contact” Communication
To meet the needs of our concerned customers, we now offer the option of Virtual HVAC Estimates using video conferencing software. We can also complete any necessary paperwork digitally, sending estimates via email/text and using electronic signatures on contracts.
We’re Here for You Through the Pandemic
We will continue to provide 24/7 HVAC repair at no additional cost, so you can access affordable heating and air conditioning repairs, even those that occur outside ‘normal’ 9 to 5 business hours. We’ve been ensuring our customers’ homes are safe, healthy, and comfortable for over 35 years, and will continue to provide trusted service throughout the pandemic. We will continue to do everything in our power to ensure health and safety as we navigate the evolving COVID crisis. Our highest priority is the safety of your family and our team.
Schedule COVID-safe service. Contact H & H Heating & Air Conditioning today.